Do you know what the fundamental human rights of all people and women of the world are???
When I first did my coaching study this was in one of my first lessons. And I’m surprised how many of us don’t know what our rights are – and use them to their full potential.
Today I’m going to nail a few of the rights I want you to fully run with but before we get to that – I have a question for you?
Do you play small?
Are you wearing imaginary cement boots?
I know a lot of women who punch well below their weight in their life. They have less than they want, the do more than they should and they are crafty at hiding their skills.
I call this:
CEMENT BOOT SYNDROME
But why, how and when did we put on an imaginary pair of boots that immobilized us in our life and stopped us from running with our skills, passions and dreams?
It comes down to a basic fundamental fear of SHINING.
A fear of going big.
A fear of going deep in our lives.
A fear of being really seen.
Don't worry I've been there. When moving away from retreats and starting to work online - I had to create a whole lot of video to put out into the world. And I almost vomited on my own shoes during the first few videos.
I was genuinely terrified of really being seen and really shining. I had grown comfortable with playing small and safe.
So where does the fear of shining come from?
When we truly step into our power, own our dreams and go after them it requires one thing: vulnerability. We have to let people really see who we are.
Vulnerability is the birth place of creativity, change and innovation. But….
It can be terrifying.
In our minds we hear ‘what will people think?’ ‘what will happen if it doesn’t work?’ ‘what if people reject what I say/do?’ ‘what if I fail?’
When we step away from what is considered safe and normal – warning bells go off. And there is good reason for this:
Every human being has something called the Early Human Mind. It’s where our flight or fight response resides, and the role of that mind is to keep us SAFE.
The number one fear that every human has when it comes to stepping outside normal is – WILL I BE ACCEPTED? And if you believe that you won’t be or you are tied to always seeking acceptance externally (through the approval of others and the collection of things that help you feel safe) – you will always play small and punch below your weight in more than one life area. And I’d like to see you aim much, much higher than that. Because filling up externally through other people’s opinions and things gives you the illusion of control. But it is only an illusion.
I’ve been an entrepreneur for most of my adult life. So I’m very used to those small fearful voices in my head (my early human mind). The difference is I know how to defuse the voice (see my blog on defusion). And my passion and desire for going deep in my life is greater than the power of those little voices of fear. Through my years of always having to rely on my own wits and smarts (and money) to create the life I want – I’ve also developed a deep trust in myself and the universe. Because without that we have no hope and no faith. I’ve developed a unique set of behaviours that helped me remove the cement boots. And I’ve never looked back.
One of the useful mindset tools I use is the comprehension that fear is something that you can use to your advantage – it can actually be a powerful motivator. If you are not a tiny bit fearful and challenged in what you are doing and where you are going – then you are living a mediocre existence. You are playing small. And the boots you are wearing that are keeping you stuck are imaginary.
So ask yourself:
Are you challenging yourself in your life to grow?
Are you expanding beyond the limits of normal?
Do you trust and have faith in yourself and something greater?
Are you ready to change but don’t know where to start?
To motivate you to go bigger and deeper I’d like to share the United Nations Basic Human Rights list for you. The full list is here: https://www.youthforhumanrights.org/what-are-human-rights/universal-declaration-of-human-rights/articles-1-15.html
Today I’m going to go over a few that are powerful motivators in helping YOU move forward towards your dreams right now.
In this video I’m going to make some key comments on these points and how you can utilise them to your full advantage in this lifetime.
In this video we talk about......
1. We Are All Born Free & Equal. We are all born free. We all have our own thoughts and ideas. We should all be treated in the same way. Did you hear that? You are born free and equal no matter what you were born into. It means your past conditioning and how much your parents had or gave doesn’t mean a thing. It means that everyone has the right to go after their own ideas. It means we should all be treating ourselves like kings and queens because there is an unlimited amount of goodness in the world.
2. Don’t Discriminate. These rights belong to everybody, whatever our differences. This means when you step outside the box you are free to do it without the discrimination of others. And if anyone has an issue with what you say and do (as long as it is done with integrity) then that’s their issue. Everyone has the right to their differences! And who wants to all be in the same box of 'normal' anyway?
3. The Right to Life. We all have the right to life, and to live in freedom and safety. Did you hear the part about freedom??? How free are you right now?
4. No Slavery. Nobody has any right to make us a slave. We cannot make anyone our slave. Ha ha I’m dying to start going on about taxes, rules and policies in the west but I won’t. But ask yourself who and what are you a slave to that you can be free from?
13. Freedom to Move. We all have the right to go where we want in our own country and to travel as we wish. Yep that’s right you are free to go wherever you want to explore. This could be a different route to work, leaving the washing and heading away for the weekend, traveling the world and living wherever you want to. There is always a way. You do not have cement boots on.
You see Balance is not just about a work life schedule that brings you somewhat of an equilibrium in your life. Balance is also about tipping the scales in a more positive direction. Because we all have the right and capacity to do that at any given moment in time.
Do me a favour and let me know in the comments below in what way you feel you maybe playing small in your life and if you are holding back? You might also like to share what you would like to do about it. Share this with a girlfriend you know that may be in need of some encouragement to remove their own cement boots.
Love Heidi x